Men’s League 2021
Sponsored by Classic Fare Catering
Evergreen’s Men’s League is intended to be a social league with tee times starting at 5:00 pm. Each week has prizes for proximities, low gross and low net scores. Each week there will be a different format played. Join as an individual, group of 2 or a team of 3 players.
For those new to the league, here is how each week will go:
- First I will send out an email very similar to this one stating what the game will be with instructions on how to play and the winning prizes to be handed out the next week for those teams.
- When you arrive for your scheduled tee times, we will have you check in with one of our staff. This will also give you an opportunity to pay $5 into our Closest to the Pin Hole ($2), Closest to the Pin Birdie Hole ($2), and Hole in One Insurance ($1).
- The staff will then let you know the game for the week.
- Your team then will tee off at your designated Tee Time.
- Weekly Green Fees for each night of League
- 3 Rain Checks for nights you can not attend
- Weekly Prizes for Closest to the Pin, Long Drive, Long Putt and Draw prizes on some holes.
- Opening Scramble followed by Food and Beverage the week of May 10th (Cancelled due to Covid-19)
- Year End finale with dinner, team and individual prizes (dependent of Covid-19 legislation)
- Green Fee Discount $15.00
- Add a 5 Day Seasons Pass for $285.00 or a 7 Day Seasons Pass $390.00 + GST
- Discounts on Green Fees and Golf Shop Items for the 2021 Season
Starting Date: Thursday, June 3rd, 2021
Ending Date: Thursday , September 23rd, 2021
Cost: $300 + GST
Men’s League Finale Prizes
Prizes from Thursday September 23rd:
Scramble Winning Team – Frank Pardi, Trevor Wasilenko, Greg Johnson, and Rob Mensch with 24 and a tie breaker
Scramble 2nd Place Team – Patrick Ouimet, Shaun Vander-Heide, Stephen Bore, and Darcy Pansky
Scramble 3rd Place Team – Darcy Kanewischer, Ron Nelson, Mick McNamara, and Romie
1st – Closest to the Pin (KP) on Tee Shot (Membership) – David Braun
2nd – Closest to Pin (KP) – Dave Kunst, Dave Kortt, and Brian Thiessen
3rd- Longest Putt – Team Prize – Ron Riechart and Marcus Trotz
4th- Longest Putt – Grant Fyfe
5th- Beat the Pro & Pizza + Drink – A few gift cards are to be picked up, Doug Dubnyk, Ron Nelson and Michael McNamara
6th- Closest to the Pin (KP) on Tee Shot (Cash) – Tyler Friesen
7th- Out of Bounds – Draw for Prize – Don Huxley, Mark Dieser, Jason Stone, and Jeremy Lauzon
8th- Closest to the Pin (KP) on Tee Shot Must Make Birdie (Cash) – Mitch Dibben
9th- Ball in Water – Draw for Prize – Don Huxley
10 – TopTracer Challenge – Greg Bowes, Jessie Dixon, and Aaron Lacanilao with a score of over 2100
- Clarification for KP Birdie – If your shot is closer to the tee than someone else’s (even if the player made the putt) you still move the proximity and put your name on it. If you do not make the birdie putt you put “no” next to your name and if no one else gets closer and makes the putt then the cash gets pushed forward to the next week. It is closest to the pin regardless of if the putt is made but to receive the cash you must make the birdie. We will double-check scores on the scorecard’s when available, please make sure you match up your scorecard to the hole of the birdie.
Procedures when you arrive:Players have the option to pay $5.00 and have a chance to win Closest to the Pin ($2.00 per player), Closest to the Pin make Birdie ($2.00 per player, no Birdie money carries over to the following week), and $1.00 goes into the pot for a hole-in-one (pot grows each week until hole-in-one is made).
Covid-19 Rules for Golf Course Play:
Evergreen would like to thank Classic Fare Catering and Aramark for supplying prizes for the 2020 Men’s League.